One of the kids’ (and my) favorite winter flavors is Gingerbread. So why not serve up the flavor for breakfast in the form of Gingerbread scones? The sweet and spicy flavor reminds me of the holidays.
This version also includes chocolate chips and a cream cheese molasses glaze that is just amazing!
Don’t let the recipe overwhelm you, they come together pretty quickly. And the sweet creamy pops of white chocolate amongst the crumbly gingerbread scone make them so decadent.
The kids like theirs with a glass of cold milk, and I like mine with coffee. You can skip the glaze if you want, but if you want something extra special, you will want to add the tangy moisture of the drizzle.
White Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Scones
These sweet and spicy gingerbread scones are studded with the creamy sweet flavors of white chocolate chips. Perfect for eating with a cup of coffee on a cool winter morning
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 pinches nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- pinch of ginger
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350F.
- Step 2 In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, spices, and brown sugar. Add butter cubes and use a pastry cutter to work the butter into the dry ingredients.
- Step 3 Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Step 4 In a glass measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, vanilla, and molasses.
- Step 5 Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture, stirring gently, until it all comes together.
- Step 6 Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and use your hands to press into an 8- to 9-inch circle about 3/4 inch thick.
- Step 7 Cut into 8 equal wedges.
- Step 8 Transfer to a baking sheet lined with a baking mat or parchment and bake for 20-24 minutes.
- Step 9 Combine all glaze ingredients in medium bowl.
- Step 10 Using a hand mixer, beat until well combined.
- Step 11 Drizzle over cooled scones.
Pin this recipe for later, and while you are there, check out my Kim Six Foodie Fix Pinterest Board!