Now that the summer is here we are grilling a lot more and I don’t want to spend a lot of time prepping everything. My family loves Mexican food, but normally making carne asada would take forever. That is why this meal was so great. Pollo Asado, a chicken version of the Mexican marinated beef, is simple, it requires no dirty pans and it is fast to make! The key is the pre-marinated chicken. I bought mine commercially, but of course you could always marinate your own. (This is the perfect pollo asado seasoning mix!)
I bought my marinated chicken at Fresh and Easy, but you can also find it at Trader Joe’s.
Easy Pollo Asado Nachos Recipe
While the chicken is on the grill you can make up plates of chips and sprinkle them with the shredded cheese (I use between 1/4 and 1/2 cup depending on how many chips are on the plate):
Throw those in the microwave for 30 seconds. (See? No dishes!)
Take your pollo asado off the grill and give it a quick chop:
Now, while the cheese is still warm and melty, add the rest of your toppings:
A perfect summer meal.
Pollo Asado Nachos
This fresh and quick take on carne asada using chicken and served over nachos features the fantastic flavors of Mexico without the work. Would be a great appetizer or main dish.
- Pollo Asada Marinated Chicken Thighs or Breast
- Tortilla Chips
- 1/4-1/2 c Mexican Cheese Blend
- 1/2 c Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/4 c Red pepper (chopped)
- 1 c Lettuce (shredded)
- 2 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 2 Tbs Guacamole
- Step 1 Grill marinated chicken until cooked through (165 degree internal temperature)
- Step 2 Spread single layer of chips on microwave safe plate and top with shredded cheese
- Step 3 Heat on medium for 30 seconds – 1 minute (WATCH IT CAREFULLY and stop microwave as soon as it melts)
- Step 4 Add chopped chicken and veggies, along with Sour Cream and Guacamole