My kids LOVE pasta, and not just with marinara or cheese sauce. Pasta salad (either cold or hot) is also a big hit in our house. This version, an Italian Pizza Pasta Salad, is a treat since it features all their favorite pizza toppings.
Pepperoni, green peppers, olives, mushrooms and shredded mozzarella cheese bring the flavors of pizza to this pasta salad.
Of course if your kids don’t like any of these things, you could substitute in some of their favorites. Things like diced tomatoes, onions, celery, carrots, peas or other veggies could also be added.
I make a vinegar and oil dressing from scratch, but you could also use a bottled Italian dressing or vinegar and oil if you want to save some time and effort.
This salad is great for picnics and potlucks since it doesn’t have any mayonnaise or eggs in it, so it tends to hold up the heat a lot better than cream based pasta and potato salads.
You can serve it either hot or cold (we actually prefer to chill it) and it promises to be a big hit with the whole family!
Mini-Pepperoni, black olives, green peppers, mushrooms and mozzarella added to pasta along with
Italian Pizza Pasta
Bowtie pasta and pizza ingredients in an Italian dressing make this pasta salad a kid friendly side dish served either hot or cold.
- 1 box Mini bowties
- 1 bag mini pepperoni (5 oz)
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded italian cheese
- 1 red onion slivered (optional)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Step 1 Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Step 2 Drain and rinse with cold water to prevent the noodles from sticking.
- Step 3 Mix the pasta, pepperoni, bell pepper, black olives, mushrooms, and cheese in a large bowl.
- Step 4 Mix the dressing ingredients and pour over the pasta mixture.
- Step 5 Top with the optional ingredients and serve.