Today’s recipe is a crowd pleaser! This easy hamburger soup only takes about 20 minutes to make and features a great mix of fresh, canned and frozen veggies. We always have these staples (hamburger, potatoes, onions, canned tomatoes) in the pantry, no need for a trip to the grocery store!
We eat a lot of soups in the winter, but this one is a favorite. The mild beef flavor of the savory broth along with the familiar mix of vegetables makes it really kid friendly.
Yes, this 20 minute hamburger soup is FAST and KID FRIENDLY! Total win!
Plus the ingredients couldn’t be simpler:
Easy Hamburger Soup Recipe:
To put it together, you first brown the hamburger along with the onions.
Add the broth, tomatoes, potatoes, and spices, and cook until the potatoes are soft (about 12 minutes.) Finish off with the frozen veggies (making sure they are heated through.)
And VOILA! There you have it. Dinner is served! I really like recipes as easy as this!
Easy Hamburger Soup
This easy hamburger soups goes together in just 20 minutes. It features savory beef broth, along with a mix of fresh, canned and frozen vegetables.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- Step 1 In large saucepan, brown ground beef and onions
- Step 2 Drain.
- Step 3 Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT frozen vegetables.
- Step 4 Bring to a boil and then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Step 5 Add frozen vegetables
- Step 6 Simmer for 5 additional minutes until frozen veggies are heated through.