One of my kid’s favorite meals is spaghetti. They could eat it ALL.THE.TIME. But I personally get pretty sick of pasta, not to mention the sloppy mess it can become when a preschooler eats it. That is why these Beefy Biscuit Bites are so fabulous. They have the exact same flavors of pasta but they are bite sized, easy to make and are great if you run out of pasta.
If you keep ground beef and biscuit dough on hand, you can whip this up in no time. Really there are only FOUR ingredients! IT is spaghetti meat sauce inside of a biscuit! YUM!
I have a lot of other bite sized recipes made in muffin cups, like these oatmeal and egg versions, but they tend to be more for breakfast. This is a great entree or appetizer since they are so quick to put together.
Beefy Biscuit Bites
Saucy beef filled biscuits that are quick and easy to make. These kid friendly bites are a great alternative to pasta.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1.5 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 tube refrigerated biscuits
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 375
- Step 2 Brown and drain ground beef.
- Step 3 Stir in Spaghetti sauce
- Step 4 Open biscuit dough and separate each biscuit into two rounds (the dough should peel apart cleanly in between layers)
- Step 5 Push biscuit rounds into muffin tin, making sure to bring the dough up the sides
- Step 6 Fill with beef sauce mixture
- Step 7 Bake for 15-17 minutes until biscuits are browned
- Step 8 Sprinkle top with cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes (or until cheese melts)
- Step 9 Serve warm.