These chocolate covered baseball strawberries would be so cute at a baseball theme party, for fathers day or even as a team snack.
And the best part is just how easy they are to make! They really only use two ingredients!
Chocolate Coated Strawberry Baseballs
You can see I used ready to melt chocolate coating that only requires 30 seconds in the microwave, but you could spend more time and melt chocolate wafers over a double boiler if you can’t find the quick melt blocks.
Both the chocolate coating and the piping on these berries is chocolate.
One important look out in this recipe is that the dye you put into melted chocolate should be oil based or meant for chocolate, since water in regular food coloring will make the chocolate seize up. This is the most common type of chocolate dye I’ve seen.
I created the lines with a piping bag but you could use a zip top bag as well.
Create these sweet and adorable chocolate coated baseball strawberries. The berries feature a white chocolate dip with red chocolate strings
- 2-3 pounds strawberries
- 1 lb melting chocolate
- Candy Color in Red
- Step 1 Wash and dry strawberries
- Step 2 Melt white chocolate per manufacturers instructions
- Step 3 Set aside 1/4 chocolate
- Step 4 Dip berries in remaining chocolate, tap off excess and allow to harden on parchment paper
- Step 5 Add dye to second bold of chocolate incorporating it completely. Add to piping bag.
- Step 6 Using piping bag to create little “v” shaped seams up and down the sides of the chocolate dipped strawberries.
This post is part of the Ultimate Recipe Challenge: Chocolate Challenge. Click on the Logo to See ALL the entires!