Summer time means fresh strawberries, and fresh strawberries means strawberry shortcake! But baking individual shortcakes and serving them one by one can be a hassle. This version of layered strawberry shortcake brings together flaky light cake, rich creamy whipped cream and sweet juicy strawberries into a layered casserole style dessert.
I call it “Strawberry Shortcake Lasagna” since it goes together the way a lasagna does, and serves like one, but the flavor is pure shortcake. Using store bought ladyfingers and whipped cream, you can make this recipe in less than 10 minutes. I made my own whipped cream, so I could flavor and sweeten it to my own liking, but you don’t have to.
Assembling this dessert is fast and easy, and it holds up well in the fridge for a few days, which means it is the perfect summer pot luck or picnic dessert since you can make it ahead and easily serve a crowd.
If you wanted to make your own shortcake instead of ladyfingers, you could do that too, but the pre-made cake makes it easy.
Strawberry Shortcake Lasagana
Sweet strawberries, whipped cream and ladyfingers make this dessert the perfect summer treat that is super easy to eat
- 1 lb. fresh Strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- 8 oz Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 package Ladyfingers
- Step 1 Using hand mixer, whip cream until soft peaks form
- Step 2 Fold with sugar and vanilla to taste
- Step 3 Place single layer of ladyfingers on bottom of casserole pan
- Step 4 Spread with thin layer of whipped cream
- Step 5 Add single layer of sliced strawberries and top with more whipped cream
- Step 6 Add another layer of ladyfingers and repeat process ending with layer of strawberries
- Step 7 Sprinkle with powdered sugar to garnish