Looking for a fast ground beef meal idea that your kids will love? Try this 10 Minute Teriyaki Ground Beef! I love that it only requires a handful of ingredients (including that standby freezer staple: ground beef.) Plus the sweet teriyaki featuring garlic and ginger flavors are ones that even my kids will eat. The ingredients themselves are so easy to prep that from start to finish the entire recipe only takes about 10 minutes. If you are going to serve this beef over rice, you will actually end up on waiting for THAT longer than the actual beef!
If you don’t want to wait for rice to cook, you could also add this beef to a tortilla or eat it sloppy joes style on a toasted bun. That would be an easy way to eat it that kids may be more familiar with. You could also serve it stir fry style and add some veggies to make it a complete balanced meal.
It also freezes really well, so you could scale up the recipe and then just heat the portions you need.
A quick note on the ingredients:
The sauce I used was SoyVey VeriVeri Teriyaki, which is thicker and more glaze like, but you could also use a marinade type, like Kikoman and just thicken it with a pinch of corn starch.
Fast. Easy. Flexible. Kid Friendly.
What isn’t to love?
10 Minute Ginger Teriyaki Ground Beef
A teriyaki beef recipe featuring the flavors of garlic and ginger. Only a handful of ingredients and short prep time make this a winner.
- 1 lb. Ground Beef (or Beef-Pork Mix)
- 1/2 cup Onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder (or 1 tsp fresh garlic)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 3/4 cup Teriyaki Marinade (glaze-like sauces like Soy Vay VeriVeri Teriyaki work best, but if your sauce has too much liquid you can add a pinch of corn starch to thicken it)
- Step 1 Add beef and onion to large skillet and cook until beef is no longer pink and onions are softened. (5-7 minutes)
- Step 2 Drain mix and return it to the warm pan.
- Step 3 Add ginger, garlic and teriyaki sauce.
- Step 4 Mix thoroughly and simmer for 3-5 minutes to allow flavors to combine and sauce to coat the meat.
- Step 5 Garnish with scallions or sesame seeds.